When you work with me, here’s what won’t happen:
1. Unnecessary meetings.
2. Hundreds of emails.
3. Wasted time.
4. Wasted money.
5. A know-it-all attitude.
And here’s what will happen:
1. Your marketing will be effective if I have to crawl across burning coal to make it so. (This has never happened, btw.)
2. Our work together will be fun because it can be.
3. The process will be informative because what if I get hit by a bus?
4. Your strategy will be straightforward because no one has time for the run-around.
5. I will say no when the occasion calls for it. I am here to protect your business, not mine.
Julia’s content strategy was a perfect fit for what we needed to accomplish and was always on-time and on-budget. Her writing is creative and entertaining and fit the personality and tone of our brand. She helped us develop and run social ad campaigns that appealed to our target market and helped to drive sales and engagement. It would be an honor to endorse, recommend, and work with Julia on any additional projects in the future.”Meredith Rappaport, Director of Marketing & Business Development, Brady Solutions
Strategy development, art direction, and content creation
January 2013 – Present
- Develop strategy and scope documents for client marketing programs, increasing efficiency and efficacy by 40% in most cases.
- Provide professional reviews of client marketing strategies for effectiveness and conversion, increasing efficacy by 30-40% on average.
- Art direct ad campaigns, website design, and client photoshoots increasing design effectiveness.
- Develop and produce client ad campaigns across social channels, increasing sales by up to 25%, and organic exposure by up to 35%.
- Create and execute email list building campaigns, increasing subscribers by 15-20% on average and open rate by 10-15% on average for each campaign.
- Provide marketing strategies and education to small business owners, including copywriting and social media advertising.
Sundance Square Management/Bass Enterprises
Associate Director of Marketing
January 2003 – January 2013
Sundance Square is a 36-block area of downtown Fort Worth, Texas privately owned by the Bass family. It’s home to class A commercial real estate, luxury residential, restaurants, retail, entertainment venues, and several annual events and festivals with attendance of a million+ each year.
- Led all in-house marketing creative including content development and art direction.
- Assisted in managing a $1.5 million+ marketing budget.
- Created tenant-focused marketing initiatives.
- Managed direction, concept, and content for 3 website projects increasing year-over-year annual website visits by approximately 22%.
- Coordinated and directed ad agency on all print advertising and public relations.
- Concepted and wrote all email communications, list size 30,000+, average open rate 30%.
- Developed and directed communication and advertising campaigns for social channels, generating a year-over-year increase in followers of approximately 30%.
- Scripted and supervised filming of digital video shorts used as video advertising on social channels and company website.
- Assisted in supervising and coordinating the ESPN Super Bowl 45 live broadcast coverage from Sundance Square.
- Entertainment committee for the MAIN ST. Fort Worth Arts Festival
City Center Development Co./Bass Enterprises
Marketing and Promotions Specialist
May 1996 – January 2003
City Center Development Co. is the real estate management firm created to run the privately held City Center Towers in downtown Fort Worth, Texas. The towers comprise over 75 floors and 1.5 million RSF of class A commercial office space.
- Coordinated all advertising efforts with the company agency of record.
- Responsible for the development and content of two significant website projects, including the company’s first website.
- Developed and led tenant training sessions on website access and usage.
Tarleton State University, BA